Picture by Jessica Kantak Bailey on Unsplash
One of many final consolation meals, this cannabis-infused pot pie will hit all of the style and feels buttons. In case you don’t eat hen you may substitute tofu, jackfruit, or perhaps a vegetable like cauliflower or eggplant. Simply prepare dinner the greens first, and alter the broth to a vegetable inventory. Do not forget that hashish can take time to kick in, so don’t eat extra, an excessive amount of hashish is an disagreeable expertise. Simply the correct amount of hashish? Pleasant.
I infused this recipe with one in every of my favourite strains, Sirius Black. This lovely, deep-purple, indica-dominant hashish is a tiny bit tart and in addition has grape-like sweetness. I discover that I’m fairly loquacious after imbibing on this pressure. I prefer to freeze the butter in ice dice trays for later use.
Laurie Wolf is the writer of such hashish cookbooks as Marijuana Edibles, HERB, The
Medical Marijuana Dispensary, and Cooking with Hashish. Her recipes have been featured
in Excessive Occasions, Dope Journal, Tradition, and extra. She can be the founding father of Laurie +
MaryJane, an edible firm providing every part from almond truffle bites to vegan chocolate
cookies. And bear in mind, #Don’tFeartheEdible!
What You’ll Want:
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons canna-butter or canna-oil, at 5mgTHC per teaspoon
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon contemporary thyme leaves, chopped
1/3 cup a.p. flour
2 cups hen broth
1/3 cup half and half
1 cup frozen peas
3 cups cooked hen, shredded or chopped
Salt and pepper
Flour (for rolling out the pastry)
1 field frozen puff pastry or two pie-crusts
1 massive egg, crushed
1. In a big sauté pan, over low warmth, soften the butters. Sauté the celery, carrot and thyme for 10 minutes.
2. Add the flour to the combination and prepare dinner for two minutes, stirring steadily. Add the broth, half and half, and blend effectively till the greens are coated and the combination begins to thicken. Stir within the hen. Season with salt and pepper to style. Enable to chill barely, about 20 minutes.
3. Warmth oven to 340.
4. On a floured floor, roll out the pastry and minimize to suit the tops of 4 -8 ounce ramekins.
5. Divide the hen combination among the many 4 ramekins and high with the pastry. Brush the pastry with the crushed egg and make slits to permit the steam to flee whereas baking.
6. Bake for 25-Half-hour, till the crust is golden brown and the filling is effervescent.