WDC TV News
Sports

F1 practice LIVE results today

Lewis Hamilton Goals To Be ‘Purest’ F1 Driver

It’s nearly right here, the penultimate F1 race within the calendar, the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. In the present day will present an perception into how Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen get on at Jeddah’s Corniche Circuit.

It’s apply Friday, as probably the most thrilling System 1 season in years nears its finale, with the Purple Bull star capable of knock off his Mercedes rival as early as this weekend, although everyone expects the seven-time world champion to at the very least survive till Abu Dhabi, if not take one other chunk into the Belgian-Dutch driver’s lead, which at the moment stands at a slender eight factors.

Whereas there shall be many thrills and spills left within the Drivers’ Championship, there may be certain to be drama, too, within the Constructors’ Championship. This may emphasise the drives of Valtteri Bottas and Sergio Perez, who each have pivotal roles to play in our their teammates negotiate the ultimate two races of the season.

When it comes to observe dynamic, there shall be lengthy straights on the Jeddah Corniche Circuit this weekend, which should favour Mercedes as they gun for a one-two end. But when Hamilton was to win and accumulate the bonus level for quickest lap, with Verstappen ending second, it could create the extraordinary state of affairs of each drivers having 269.5 factors going into the ultimate Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina Circuit.

Wolff and his Purple Bull counterpart Christian Horner have been concerned in back-and-forth encounters too, drawing amusement from some and disdain from others, because the battle goes on for the constructor championship in addition to the drivers’ title. Elsewhere outdoors the massive two, Fernando Alonso’s podium end, the altering workforce line-ups for subsequent yr and even the additions of guidelines reminiscent of dash qualifying have all been huge speaking factors in System One just lately.

Right here’s all the newest F1 information and response because the build-up to Saudi Arabia continues:

1638548142

Valtteri Bottas will stay ‘skilled’ and preserve it clear in opposition to Max Verstappen

Valtteri Bottas has vowed to stay ‘skilled’ and preserve his racing clear in opposition to Max Verstappen on the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix because the title race nears a conclusion.

“Each level on this championship is clearly tremendous vital and each me and Lewis will attempt to get each level we are able to,” defined the Mercedes driver.

“But additionally, we’re racers which have respect and I additionally assume in that scenario Max wouldn’t do the calculations and what it could do within the factors.

“I don’t assume anybody goes to alter the way in which we race.

“We’re going to race as exhausting and as nicely and as professionally as we are able to to get the most effective end result.”

Max Verstappen and Valtteri Bottas communicate to the media forward of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

(EPA)

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 16:15

1638547242

Daniel Ricciardo on Cyril Abiteboul tattoo: ‘I misplaced religion that it was ever going to occur’

“I used to be simply anxious that it turned so lengthy that it was… irrelevant,” stated Daniel Ricciardo.

“It was exhausting with journey, Covid, simply attempting to tee up the instances. I assumed if it will get too lengthy, we’d simply neglect about it however it appears everybody was fairly excited for it.

“It’s an actual factor. Zak [Brown] and Cyril are actually stamped for all times. It was good as a result of lots of people I feel misplaced religion that it was ever going to occur however we acquired there, it was a very good time.

“There was undoubtedly some negotiating – design, dimension and all these issues – however really ultimately, fairly pleased with the end result,” he added.

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 16:00

1638546342

Lewis Hamilton revelling in ‘uncharted territory’ forward of Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

“It’s totally different in a single sense as a result of we’ve acquired two extremely shut groups, it’s totally different as a result of we’re preventing for uncharted territory, nobody’s ever gained eight titles, workforce or driver, in order that’s fairly recent and new,” stated Hamilton, who will go away Saudi Arabia stage on factors with Verstappen to arrange a winner takes all Abu Dhabi finale if he wins with the quickest lap forward of the Dutchman.

“Then on the opposite facet I’m extra relaxed than I’ve ever been. I bear in mind the way it was my first championship and even my second and third, the sleepless nights and all these types of issues.

“Clearly, (I’m) much more certain about myself and simply utilized myself higher than ever earlier than. All I can do is put together the most effective I can for what’s up forward of me and I 100% know I’ve.”

(Getty)

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 15:45

1638545517

Lewis Hamilton walks within the Paddock

(Getty)

Lewis Hamilton throughout previews

(Getty)

(Getty)

Lewis Hamilton throughout apply

(REUTERS)

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 15:31

1638545296

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Observe

Lewis Hamilton’s surge to a possible report eighth System One world title continued at tempo as he set the quickest time in first apply for the inaugural Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

The Mercedes driver has gained the final two races to shut inside eight factors of championship chief Max Verstappen heading into the ultimate two grands prix of the yr.

Hamilton led the way in which off the observe on Wednesday, talking out in opposition to human rights points and the therapy of the LGBTQ+ group in Saudi Arabia, admitting he was not comfy racing within the nation.

However he was definitely at residence on the observe on Friday, as a time of 1 minute 29.786 seconds noticed him beat Verstappen by simply 0.056 seconds, with the second Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas in third.

Employees had been nonetheless getting ready the brand new venue into the late hours of Thursday night time, with a deliberate ribbon-cutting ceremony to open the circuit promptly cancelled as remaining touches had been put into place.

The System Two apply session additionally began late because of a minor “operational subject” earlier than the F1 automobiles hit the Jeddah Corniche Circuit for the primary time at 16:30 native time.

With the observe untested and each qualifying and Sunday’s race going down within the night, this session was extra of a feeling-out hour for the drivers.

However nonetheless, Hamilton shall be happy to high the timesheets, with Pierre Gasly fourth quickest for AlphaTauri and the Aston Martin of Antonio Giovinazzi fifth.

Ferrari had been sixth and seventh within the type of Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc, as Daniel Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel rounded off the highest 10.

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 15:28

1638543972

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Observe instances

So subsequent up is F2 Qualifying at 3.15pm.

Then it’s F1 Observe Two from 5pm.

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 15:06

1638543642

Lewis Hamilton ‘extra relaxed than ever’ forward of Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

“There are a few bits, it’s totally different in a single sense as a result of now we have acquired two extremely shut groups, as a workforce we’re preventing in uncharted territory, no workforce or driver has gained eight titles. It’s recent and new.

“On the opposite facet I’m extra relaxed than I’ve ever been. I’ve been round a very long time and I bear in mind how I used to be for my first championship, even my second and third, the sleepless nights and issues.

“I’m extra certain about myself, I can’t change something from the previous however all I can do is put together the most effective I can for what’s forward of me and I do know I can.”

Lewis Hamilton attends throughout the press convention forward of the System One Saudi Arabian Grand Prix on the Jeddah Corniche Circuit

(Getty)

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 15:00

1638543523

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 14:58

1638543375

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Observe

Lewis Hamilton got here in under the 1.30 mark, posting 1:29.786, usurping Max Verstappen, who had dominated apply to that time.

Valtteri Bottas was second however Verstappen snatched second place late, squeezing contained in the Finn and simply 0.056s behind his title rival.

Jack Rathborn3 December 2021 14:56